Σάββατο 26 Αυγούστου 2017

Why I became an Occupational Physician

Growing up in India, while the next door oil-fired furnace kept my lungs supplied with smoke, my dad’s engineer colleagues home-tutored me and inspired my numeracy skills. Over my school days, I kept up an interest in industry, visiting fireclay factories, fertilizer works, heavy engineering companies, railway yards, ship and navy yards. While in high school, suffering from teenage exuberance, on a few occasions, I have travelled not just on the footplate (strongly recommended for Rail Physicians) but also on the buffers of overcrowded trains (definitely not recommended). In that environment, industrial (and non-industrial) injuries and illnesses were never far away.

http://ift.tt/2vgkugF

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου